Brief Biography of Farrah Driver Training
Tariq spent considerable number of years working as a public and civil servant. His employment consisted of working for:
- H M Customs & Excise as a Revenue Officer.
- Police I.T. organisation (now known as NPIA – National Police Improvement Agency) as a Finance Officer.
- Essex Police Authority – Headquarters at Springfield, Chelmsford as a Communications Officer.
- Grade “A” Instructor on last Standards Check
Special Driving Qualifications & what do they mean?
- DVSA Cardington Special Driving Test – only open to fully qualified driving instructors. To achieve a Grade A, one must drive for 1.30 mins and perform 4 manoeuvres accurately and precisely. Driving (minor) faults limited to 3 for a Grade A. Very few instructors have this award.
- Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) . Our president for this organisation is Nigel Mansell OBE (Ex formula 1 driver) A high level of driving is needed to be on their register.
- DIAmond Special Test – Awarded from the Driving Instructor’s Association which is a national voice for driving instructors and recognised by the DVSA. To achieve a Special Award, one needs to prove that one’s driving is special.
- Rospa Gold Award. Demonstrated a high level of driving which is equivalent to Police Class 1 driving and having demonstrated the principles of “Roadcraft”.
- Achieved Rospa BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Driving Instruction. To enrol onto this course requires an investment of £1,000.00
- IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) F1RST Register. Also known as the Master’s programme.
- Gold Badge Fleet Instructor as well as having the the Green Badge.
- Master ADI. Member of the Institute of Master Tutors of Driving (IMTD) To gain membership, one needs to submit an original piece of article and is subject to a rigorous scrutiny by the commitee panel. Their maxim is “Only the best shall serve”.
- Articles published by Which? consumer watchodog and guest blogger on many motoring websites.
- Coaching skills for driver development. Successfully passed Btec Level 4 Professional Diploma in Driver Development.
Tariq has done a lot of work for our local charity, Havens Children Hospice. He has been involved for the past 2 years at the annual Track Day held at Ford Dunton Technical Centre. He has raised vital funds by offering off – road driving experience for under 16 ‘s. He continues to support this charity.
Caring for the wider Community
Tariq is also campaigning to resolve anomalies in road signs within the Essex county. A dedicated website has been launched which highlights inconsistencies with road signs. Please visit www.essexroadsigns.org
This campaign is still active and on-going & I have had success in resolving the anomalies with road signs with Essex County council.