Essex Fleet Training
Advanced Fleet Training Services
Fleet Training Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 Requires employers to:
- Provide a duty of care to employees and the general public.
- Establish and communicate a health and safety policy
- Provide safe handling and maintenance of work articles and provide necessary information and training on the above.
“For the majority of people, the most dangerous thing they do while at work is drive on the public highway.” – Health and Safety Executive.
Fleets and the Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007
This Act which came into force on 6th April 2008 makes it easier to prosecute organisation’s to prosecute for failures that result’s in someone’s death. It also extends to :
- Trade unions
- Government departments & Police Forces
Court’s will no longer have to prove that an individual or individuals acted as the company’s “controlling mind”. Instead, the court’s will look at management systems and practices within the organisation.
“Grey fleet” refers to employee’s private cars that are used for business journeys. It is sometimes believed that an employer is not legally responsible for employees if they drive their own cars on business. The two most common laws, HASWA & The Corporate Manslaughter Act makes no distinction between the use of Corporate and Grey Fleet cars.
Does my Business really need a Risk Assessment?
Think of the consequences in the event of a RTC (Road Traffic Crash):
- If found quilty, the judge can make your case go public through the local and national media.
- Increased insurance premiums and loss of business possibly running into thousands.
- Everytime your employee sits behind the steering wheel, he or she is an ambassador for your company. Do you honestly want to risk damaging your business which you have built up over the years?
Look at the above images
These are real life accidents. Nothing has been staged. The consequences have been dire and in some cases the human costs are incalculable. Don’t let this happen to your business.
Do the sensible thing, ring me as to how I can significantly cut down the risk of your employees being involved in a road traffic crash.
Contact me today on 07903 997 733 Ask to speak to Tariq, Fleet ADI
Call me upto 10.00pm 7 Days a week.